Senior Software Developer
Lasso is the creator of the leading cloud-based CRM software for real estate marketing and sales. Our users are real estate developers, homebuilders, and sales agencies that use Lasso to convert prospects to purchasers and sell their developments faster and easier.
We have experienced consistent growth during the last decade and our user base asks a lot of our system. Scale, reliability, and innovation keep us learning on daily basis. You will join our server side team to enhance and maintain our server side Java 8 and Kotlin applications.
We have distributed systems hosted in AWS, which are presented to our users through an AngularJS frontend.
Moving forward, the biggest challenge we face is scaling our systems to work with a large data set and high system load. You’ll help us build systems that can easily scale up and down the number of processing nodes as needed and implement rate-limiting to ensure rogue systems don’t impact our SLAs for other applications.
Additionally, you’ll improve the performance of our main data store by adding or changing indexes as appropriate, add caching functionality where possible and set up monitoring to catch performance bottlenecks early on.
Culture and Work Environment
As a fully remote team, communication is extremely important – there is no chance to drop in on interesting discussions around the water cooler, or to see if someone is busy just by glancing at their desk.
We have systems to signal busy-ness; regular meetings and stand-ups to disseminate information, frequent one-on-ones to ensure there are no frustrations building up, a code of conduct and a formal complaint process to resolve conflicts early-on.
You thrive in a self-directed and open work environment. There’s no boss breathing down your neck, no deadlines, no fixed work hours and no in-office requirements. It’s really important that you can manage your time well, and you know what you need in order to do your job well (e.g. what work hours to pick so you have enough time to communicated with team members effectively)
As a key member of our server side team, you’ll specifically be expected to:
- Design and build API endpoints for our internal and public APIs
- Architect efficient task scheduling and processing systems
- Keep up-to-date on new AWS features and integrate them into our tech stack if appropriate
- Work closely with the Director of Back-end Engineering to adapt and develop our architecture and systems
- Implement monitoring systems for performance bottlenecks on our main data store
- Determine through performance profiling where to add caching to our distributed systems and internal interfaces
- Monitor the growth of our data sets and assist in creating strategies to address the systems where growth could become an issue
- Deep knowledge of the OOP paradigm, experience with functional programming and other approaches is a plus
- Experience building complex systems with many moving parts, such as different protocols, varying restrictions on latency or CAP parameters
- Knowledge of common logging and CI tools, at least on an abstract level
- Excellent knowledge of static type systems and compiled languages
- Deep knowledge of various data stores such as SQL, document stores, key value stores or queuing systems, as well as their performance characteristics and scalability issues
- Good understanding of caching and cache invalidation strategies
- Work where and how you are most productive
- You are not required to be in the office. Start time and work times are flexible
- We’ll provide a development setup of your choosing, whether it’s a Macbook Pro or the components for a nice PC tower, you can pick whatever works best for you
- Pick your own tools. We use what we know best. Windows, Mac, Linux, whatever you like
- We provide you with a tools budget that you can use to make yourself productive ($300 per purchase, no authorization needed)
- We know learning is a must on and off the job. We provide formal education matching (up to $1500 yearly) and funding for other continued learning, conferences, and workshops
- Medical and Dental benefits
- Great Vancouver-market salary
Lasso’s vision is to be the technology hub for new home sales in North America by providing a unique combination of remarkable software and expert services. To achieve our vision we need great developers. That’s why we’ve created a great work environment, encouraging self-direction, personal development, and teamwork. If you think you’re a good fit, send your resume and cover letter to firstname.lastname@example.org.
Lasso is privately held and based in Richmond, BC, Canada. To learn more please visit www.www.lassocrm.com.