A new home project website ultimately has one objective – to drive leads. A lot of time and effort goes into making sites attractive and appealing to a prospective buyer. The goal is to convey the message – “this is the place you want to live”.
While visiting the website, the prospect hopefully will do one of three things – call the sales center, visit the sales center or sign-up to register for more information.
Since Lasso provides the real estate sales and marketing software for leading new home developers and sales and marketing agencies, we get to see many project websites and registration pages. Following are some suggestions to hopefully improve your website conversions and capture more interest in your project:
- Make it easy for the prospects to register – yes, this sounds basic, but surprisingly, there are some sites where a prospect may have to get to the 2nd or 3rd page to find the “register here” button or some sites where you really have to search to find the words “register here”. Make it easy to find the registration page!
- Many companies like to have a Flash intro as you enter the site. This is fine and can be very effective; however, make it optional! Allow a prospective registrant to skip through the intro and get right to the information on your site (it's not a bad thing that they want to get right to the good stuff!) Make music optional!
- Keep your questions to a minimum. Limit the number of questions to a few basic qualifying questions – such as when they are planning on making a purchase? What price range? and, What size of home? More questions could turn someone off completing the form. (If you're using Lasso, you can us a Self Serve Registrant Update to ask further qualifying questions to your registrants after they have registered and the information gets automatically updated in Lasso!)
- When a registrant has hit the “submit” button after completing the form, ensure that the thank you page links back to the home page or the rest of the site. The registrant may still want to see more on your site.
- Keep your website up-to-date. If the most recent “news update” is from the Spring of 2007, visitors may not be enticed to register. Ensure that current news is posted along with an update of the units sold. Consider incorporating the inventory data from Lasso right on your website so you can show in real time what units are still available!
You've only got a short time to entice website visitors to sign up. Make it clear, simple and easy, and you'll be well on the way to higher conversion rates.