Did you know that Canadian Anti-Spam Legislation (CASL) comes into effect on July 1, 2014? These new laws protect consumers from unwanted email and apply to every organization that sends email to or from Canada for marketing purposes.
Join Lasso on Thursday, May 1st at 11 a.m. PDT/2 p.m. EDT to find out what you need to do to ensure compliance.
Canada’s Anti-Spam legislation is one of the toughest in the world, and there are a few simple things you need to do right now in preparation of it coming into effect.
In this 45 minute webinar, hosted by Lasso’s Dave Betcher, we will cover the following:
- An overview of the legislation
- Most anti-spam laws are about ‘opt-out’ compliance; Canada’s law is one of the only ones that is ‘opt-in’ focused. Find out why that’s a big deal.
- What is the difference between implied and expressed consent? And why you need to know!
- Your website may need updating! Make these simple changes to your registration pages to ensure compliance.
- You’ve got 60 days! Now’s the time to clean up your database and lists.