Remote or Onsite in Richmond, BC, Canada
Lasso is the leading designer and developer of cloud-based, on-demand Customer Relationship Management (CRM) software for the new home building industry.
We have experienced consistent growth during the last decade and our user base asks a lot of our system. Scale, reliability, and innovation keep us learning on a daily basis.
You will join our server side team to enhance and maintain our server side Java and PHP applications. We have distributed systems hosted in AWS, which are presented to our users through an AngularJS frontend.
We have a preference for someone with experience handling stream processing, and building an API for internal and external use, that lowers maintenance and development costs.
As a key member of our server side team, you’ll specifically be expected to:
- Work as part of a team to build complete, high-quality, end-to-end solutions
- Document and communicate designs to others on the team
- Contribute to guidelines and coding standards used for building reusable application components that are easy to maintain, troubleshoot, and test
- Participate in peer design and code reviews
- Perform system integration and testing, problem troubleshooting and resolution
- Maintain and build core competency of technological knowledge, staying in touch with emerging technologies, and share this knowledge with colleagues
- Demonstrate teamwork to foster strong team dynamics and a highly collaborative working environment, which includes mentoring less experienced colleagues
- 5+ years of hands on software development experience
- Bachelor’s Degree in Computer Science or related field (or equivalent experience)
- Experience with web-services or service-oriented architectures
- Experience designing and building RESTFUL APIs as well as multithreaded, scalable and distributed systems using Java.
- Experience with high performance, large-scale systems
- Experience using cloud technologies like Amazon Web Service
- Experience with relational databases
We take our software very seriously while fostering a relaxed, fun, and supportive environment. Here are some of the things we provide:
- We understand that developers know themselves best
- Work where and how you are most productive
- You are not required to be in the office. Start time and work times are flexible
- We’ll provide a development setup of your choosing, whether it’s a Macbook Pro or the components for a nice PC tower, you can pick whatever works best for you
- Pick your own tools. We use what we know best. Windows, Mac, Linux, whatever you like
- We provide you with a tools budget that you can use to make yourself productive ($300 per year, no authorization needed)
- We know learning is a must on and off the job. We have an internal reading group. We provide formal education matching (up to $1500 yearly) and funding for other continued learning, conferences, and workshops
- Medical and Dental benefits
- We strive to attract the smartest and best talent and we ensure our compensation reflects this
Lasso’s vision is to be the technology hub for new home sales in North America by providing a unique combination of remarkable software and expert services. To achieve our vision we need great developers. That’s why we’ve created a great work environment, encouraging self-direction, personal development, and teamwork. If you think you’re a good fit, send your resume and cover letter to firstname.lastname@example.org.
Lasso is privately held and based in Richmond, BC, Canada. To learn more please visit www.lassocrm.com.