Senior Front End Engineer (ES2015, Angular 1.x and RxJS) (REMOTE or ONSITE)
We’re looking for a strong technical front-end engineer who really enjoys the challenges of state-management in user interfaces. Our app was initially written in Angular 1.x, but our approach moves it close to how modern apps use React - no two-way data binding, no global state, data is passed down and events bubble up (via event handlers.)
State is managed by a Reflux-like approach with RxJS streams. A state stream consumes various action-streams, and produces a state object that’s passed to the top-level angular directive.
We’re looking for someone who really loves writing front-end software and solving the various technical challenges that arise - optimizing time-to-first-meaningful-paint, optimizing bundle size and page load time, low input latency, etc.
As a fully remote team, communication is extremely important - there is no chance to drop in on interesting discussions around the water cooler, or to see if someone is busy just by glancing at their desk. We have systems to signal busy-ness; regular meetings and stand-ups to disseminate information, frequent one-on-ones to ensure there are no frustrations building up, a code of conduct and a formal complaint process to resolve conflicts early-on.
As a key member of our front-end team, you’ll:
- Implement requirements provided by the UX developer
- Tackle the difficult coding problems like caching and concurrency
- Write effective high-quality code with a focus on performance and maintainability
- Improve our architecture Maintain and optimize our front-end build processes
- Create reliable tests and work closely with our QA team for end-to-end testing
- You thrive in a self-directed and open work environment. There’s no boss breathing down your neck, no deadlines, no fixed work hours and no in-office requirements. It’s really important that you can manage your time well, and you know what you need in order to do your job well (e.g. what work hours to pick so you have enough time to communicated with team members effectively).
- Lots of experience building and maintaining single-page apps
- Familiarity with functional programming and bonus points for reactive programming experience
- Good understanding of front-end performance optimizations
We take our software very seriously while fostering a relaxed, fun, and supportive environment. Here are some of the things we provide:
- Work where and how you are most productive
- You are not required to be in the office.
- Start time and work times are flexible
- We’ll provide a development setup of your choosing, whether it’s a Macbook Pro or the components for a nice PC tower, you can pick whatever works best for you
- Pick your own tools. We use what we know best. Windows, Mac, Linux, whatever you like
- We provide you with a tools budget that you can use to make yourself productive ($300 per purchase, no authorization needed)
- We know learning is a must on and off the job.
- We provide formal education matching (up to $1500 yearly) and funding for other continued learning, conferences, and workshops
- Medical and Dental benefits
- Great Vancouver-market salary
Lasso’s vision is to be the technology hub for new home sales in North America by providing a unique combination of remarkable software and expert services. To achieve our vision we need great developers. That’s why we’ve created a great work environment, encouraging self-direction, personal development, and teamwork. If you think you’re a good fit, send your resume and cover letter to email@example.com.
Lasso is privately held and based in Richmond, BC, Canada. To learn more please visit www.lassocrm.com.