Remote or Onsite in Richmond, BC, Canada
Lasso is the leading designer and developer of cloud-based, on-demand Customer Relationship Management (CRM) software for the new home building industry.
A couple of years ago we started re-writing our most-used features as a typical AngularJS-in-browser-app with a Java-powered API for the back-end, and we’re now ready to start building new and innovative features.
To do so, we’re looking for an experienced front-end developer to join our front-end team of two. You would work closely with the product development team to provide rough time estimates for prioritization, and with the back-end team to define the API they will implement. Our product development process is based on analytics and user research, and you would set up user interviews for new interfaces and interaction processes you build. We work with a design consultant for complex and graphical design work. No need for you to jump into Photoshop.
As a key member of our front-end team, you’ll:
- Build interfaces based off of requirements provided by the product development team
- Design interfaces with a focus on usability and good interactivity (no graphical design necessary though)
- Write maintainable and testable code
- Work closely with your team members (many of which are full-time remote)
- You thrive in a self-directed and open work environment. There’s no boss breathing down your neck, no deadlines, no fixed work hours and no in-office requirements. It’s really important that you can manage your time well, and you know what you need in order to do your job well (e.g. what work hours to pick so you have enough time to communicated with team members effectively)
- Lots of experience building browser-based apps, especially single-page apps
- Experience with modern front-end build processes (transpiling, npm, css preprocessors, etc)
- Knowledge of UX patterns (e.g. Gutenberg diagram, Gestalt principles, Fitt’s Law, Hick’s Law - that doesn’t mean you need to know these by name, just the general concepts and how they relate to user experience)
- Familiarity with functional programming and bonus points for reactive programming experience
- Experience with complex layouts and responsive design
We take our software very seriously while fostering a relaxed, fun, and supportive environment. Here are some of the things we provide:
- We understand that developers know themselves best
- Work where and how you are most productive
- You are not required to be in the office. Start time and work times are flexible
- We’ll provide a development setup of your choosing, whether it’s a Macbook Pro or the components for a nice PC tower, you can pick whatever works best for you
- Pick your own tools. We use what we know best. Windows, Mac, Linux, whatever you like
- We provide you with a tools budget that you can use to make yourself productive ($300 per year, no authorization needed)
- We know learning is a must on and off the job. We have an internal reading group. We provide formal education matching (up to $1500 yearly) and funding for other continued learning, conferences, and workshops
- Medical and Dental benefits
- We strive to attract the smartest and best talent and we ensure our compensation reflects this
Lasso’s vision is to be the technology hub for new home sales in North America by providing a unique combination of remarkable software and expert services. To achieve our vision we need great developers. That’s why we’ve created a great work environment, encouraging self-direction, personal development, and teamwork. If you think you’re a good fit, send your resume and cover letter to email@example.com.
Lasso is privately held and based in Richmond, BC, Canada. To learn more please visit www.lassocrm.com.