(Richmond, BC + Some Remote Flexibility)
Lasso is the leading designer and developer of a cloud-based, SaaS Customer Relationship Management (CRM) software for the new home building industry. We are the leader in our industry, with strong annual growth and over 400 clients across North America.
This is an exciting time at Lasso, with our product development team being very busy improving our most-used features, as well as building new and innovative features. To support this product innovation, we are expanding our QA team with the new role of QA Lead to take our QA to the next level by ensuring we implement best practices and expand our test coverage in both our manual and automated testing.
This newly created QA Lead role is a great opportunity for a Senior QA Analyst (or a new Test Lead) with strong manual and test automation experience, who is ready for the next step in their career. As the senior QA person, this is a fantastic opportunity to learn and grow into a managerial role as Lasso continues to grow!
As QA Lead, your key responsibilities are:
- Be passionate for quality assurance and testing
- Manage and assist in execution of pre- and post release testing for our weekly releases
- Lead and work closely with the outsourced manual test team to ensure timely test case development and execution to support high quality software releases.
- Work closely with the product development team to develop test strategies and test plans to ensure adequate test coverage for new and existing features, utilizing the right mix of test automation and manual testing.
- Review and identify the current manual tests that are ideal candidates to be automated, and write the automation test scripts using the Lasso automation framework and/or other automation tools/frameworks that you may identify.
- Analyze product documentation and requirements, use cases, design documents etc., in order to derive test scenarios, test cases, and test steps.
- Successfully write and perform both automated and manual tests.
- Perform integration testing.
- Support Ad hoc tests without detailed documentation.
- Lead the weekly release process, in strong coordination with the DevOps, Product Development and Business teams.
- You thrive in a self-directed and open work environment. It’s really important that you can manage your time well, and you know what you need in order to do your job well
- 4-5+ years of QA experience.
- 1-2+ years of experience writing and maintaining automated test scripts.
- Experience with Selenium, JIRA, and test case management tools.
- Must have strong ability to comprehend requirements and structure corresponding test cases. Requirements in most cases are not structured, and we expect your value adds here.
- Strong ability to effectively communicate with developers and business stakeholders. As most of our developers work remotely, this is a very important skill to succeed in this role.
- Some Test Lead experience is an asset.
- Degree/Diploma in Computer Science or Information Systems or equivalent work experience.
We take our software very seriously while fostering a relaxed, fun, and supportive environment. Here are some of the things we provide:
- Work where and how you are most productive, including a mix of in-office and remote work.
- We provide you with a tools budget that you can use to make yourself productive ($300 per year, no authorization needed)
- We know learning is a must on and off the job. We provide formal education matching (up to $1500 yearly) and funding for other continued learning, conferences, and workshops
- Medical and Dental benefits
Lasso’s vision is to be the technology hub for new home sales in North America by providing a unique combination of remarkable software and expert services. To achieve our vision we need great people on our QA team. That’s why we’ve created a great work environment, encouraging self-direction, personal development, and teamwork. If you think you’re a good fit, send your resume and cover letter to email@example.com.
Lasso is privately held and based in Richmond, BC, Canada. To learn more please visit www.lassocrm.com.